Thursday 8 May 2014

MMmmmmmmmmmalezja :)

Malaysia, the country where I have arrived for one certain reason. I spent some time on research during last days in Nepal and the decision has been done. Details a bit later.

I have arrived to Kuala Lumpur with business class(no space in economy one, only approx. 70 USD extra) so really comfortable flight with Malaysian Airlines in Boeing 737. The first thing after arrival. It is really hot here, luckily all airport is air-conditioned and wifi for free everywhere. CIVILIZATION J Then bus and train to pre-booked hostel(after previous experience on arrival in late afternoon or night it was necessary) in Chinatown, which supposed to be most interesting area for food stalls. Bus fairly new, working properly, roads almost flat and realy comfortable. Nothing to compare with Nepal.

Do you want fish?

FOOD !!!!!!!!!! Not only Dhal Bat

Clay pot rice on the way :)


Serious change after Nepal :)


It was my dish :)


Burgers. Meat fresh fried, then cheese, bread, he was making them just in front of you. Mc Donald, LEARN !!


National Mousqe


KL is business city most of all, skyscrapers, nice cars, wide roads and people in suits. Not much to see, but that was not the point. I just made few walks around, off course Petronas Towers but I focus on the “the point”, which was getting a motorcycle for the rest of my trip. 

Islamic inspiration


Skol :)


Yumy :)

Celebrating something...

It is islamic country

Old part and new part.....


Petronas Towers


Blue Petronas Towers ?


Inside at the bottom level huge shopping mall.


Hmm........... never seen anything like that in Nepal......


Yes, I got to idea that I really miss driving a bike and this is a way of traveling which I would like to do, so let’s get one.



The choice was on Yamaha FZ150i which has a big fuel tank, quite big frame, good and simple engine. I started from new ones, but I got opportunity through horizons forum to get one second hand from old English guy name Michael who was finishing his trip Malaysia-Thailand-Cambodia and back. Good opportunity for and bike comes from biker, not a shop, so even better. I took 3 days to get it serviced, registered on my name (mostly because Mike was getting lost in the city and couldn’t arrive on places on time….), but I got it exactly on 24th of April, which was my birthday. Such a nice present J

KL Tower


More contrasts


The next day I had hangover, so I couldn’t drive much but I left on 26th from KL in direction East Coast. Ride was really nice, road in the beginning through some small hills with plenty of nice turns and the bike ….. go forward. Is not Valkyrie, I need to remember about proper gear before turns, accelerating before hills and overtaking takes time, but it is still a bike, takes turns quite nice, really easy to handle and drive, perfect in cities as it is small and still stronger then most of local mopeds(which are max. 135 cc), so at the lights I am leaving most of vehicles behind(apart of big bikes and two stroke ones). First night was in Kuantan, nothing special, but really nice chineese market.

Photos below from this chineese market in Kuantan

Fruit with spicy and greavy souce..... really strange


Local sweets


More food?


Local hot-dogs with egg around :)


Another Mosque


Where are my shoes?


Then I went to Cherating, old surfer village, still nothing spectacular. Then 2 days in Pulau Kapas. Really nice, small island and great white sand beaches, blue water, great snorkeling, nice atmosphere.

Pulau Kapas :)


Melon breakfast


Sunset


Where was the previous picture of kayak's??


Sunset?


My Kapas dinner with good book :)
(Veg on right is Marlin in coconut souce - really nice )


Hamok's Paradise :D


My place :) My lunch :)


Really nice sunset :)


With a lot of insects around :P

Perhentian "hippy" place :)


Somewhere on way north. Sometimes is worth to go off the track and road and get to such a places...



Sunset here....

Hmmmm......

Green?

My Flinston bed on the rocks.....

Ant highway :)




Then another long ride to Cameron Highlands, almost 400km(first one was on first day) and 2 days there. Nice temperature and even greater roads. Amazing turns from 20 degrees up to 270, slow ones(30 – 40km/h) to fast ones(90km/h), mostly good quality tarmac, quite grip as well. Definietly one of best motorcycle rides in my life so far.

Here is my little Thunder :)


Profile?


Palms are everywhere. I think they are rubber one's.


Cameron Highlands

Highest point in Highlands(off course on bike :D)


Tea plantation


Green :) and chill temperature :)


Hey!!! That's me!


HELLO !!!


Waterfall in rain forrest


A lot of rain there everyday's afternoon

On the way to West coast


Amazing road. Almost 2 hours of infinite turns :) Best road by far in my motorcycle life :)


After highlands I went to Pulau Pangkor on west coast, the first enough big island to take a bike(previous ones didn’t have any roads). The island by it self different then  previous ones, it has roads, cars, taxis, hundreds of mopeds and more dirty beaches as well as water. I found nice place to stay which recompensed it a bit, but still I like much more feeling of east coast. Even though is very Islamic, most of women are covering their hairs(even small girls)  but they are feeling more happier to see a foreign and more friendly.

Ferry to Pangkor and first island with a bike :)


Another sunset(not that amazing as on Kapas :( )




Generally I must say that Malaysian people are really nice, helpful and friendly, what is really important most of them speak quite good English so it is really easy to travel around. I really appreciate it and I can recommend Malaysia for motorcycle trips, snorkeling, nice beaches and easiness of traveling. It is more expensive then my previous countries, but definitely it is civilized country(registering a bike on my name took only 2 hours, doesn’t matter that the owner now is Slawomir Krzysztof(Krzysztof as a surname :D ).
OLE OLE !!!! hihi :D

Some rocks at Pangkor


The "bird" :)


Fishermans village


Not finished ferry piers


More will arrive when I stay for some time longer and have a "invention" for writing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment