Tuesday 8 July 2014

Kanczanaburi

Kanczanaburi. The very famous city  in Thailand because of book and movie "Bridge over river Kwai". When something is very famous you need to be very carefull. That's for sure. I figure that out when I made my 2 nights stop there. There is basicaly nothing to do in the town apart of massage, bars and few restaurants. The places are getting crowdy from the morning with old farangs living there or on long holidays drinking beer from 10 am and really busy in the evening and nights with backpackers. The bridge by it self is still in use, but around there are tons of cheap chineese shit, restaurants and hotels. Not an atmosphere to place where actually many POW(Prisoners of War) has died building it.
What to do? It was on my way north, so I tried to get most of it :)

So, interesting was for me longtail speed boats around the bridge and driving around.
Looks nice, isn't it? Powered by NoS..... yes yes :P


Power? Car engine. Isuzu 1,6 Diesel, 2x turbo. One works on low rpm, another bigger one on high rpm(the big turbo from 3,0 D engine). With some chrome around and short exhaust pipe almost masterpiece :D



And here is the bridge with boat under.



I really struggle to take a picture here. Not even call it a nice one. Everywhere tons of turists(I don't know plenty from Netherlands) and background just sucks.....


So here is the other side. One restaurant on top the other one, or if not possible that let's go into the river.


Another side with more restaurants, hotels, bla bla bla......


Hey, let's get a stupid T-shirt or a cap with some label.......


Turists, turists, turists. Still low season and late afternoon so not that busy, but please. The place is ridiculous.


I finally spent at first 2 nights and few days after another one in Kanczanburi. It was a stop for some side trips, looking at river Kwai and just resting. The good thing about this turisty sides are accomodation prices. I got really big bamboo hut just at river side for few BHT, that was good. You can also get a floating house room, which is pretty interesting idea :)
I also got first Thai massage from very, very well built Thai women(maybe she was a man..... this will remain unknown :P) which was very painful. Seriously. Sometimes I was really suffering, but survived.
What was also nice? Hmmm..... Roads and views around Kanczanburi. Really nice tarmac, mountains around. I found one around two lakes which barely someone is using(grass and forrest is taking over) which was simply stunning. Well, riding a bike is becoming main part of journey and I am really enjoying it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment