Thursday 3 July 2014

Phetchaburi - Kings Palace

Phetchaburi was not only temples :P

There is more things to do. Like a very nice morning or afternoon visiting Kings Palace.
Palace is situated on the hill which is easy to notice from every part of city. There are two ways to get there by feet or by wagon lift. Walking is in the park, which must be really nice but there are hundreds of monkeys, plenty of signs that admistration doesn't takes responsibilty for bites, loses etc. In addition it is really hot place for I suggest a lift for a enormous 50 BHT. 
The palace was built by king Rama IV, which ordered german architects to built a new palace for him which will be in connection with european and thai style. I think they succeded pretty well, but you will see :)

Hello in Palace :)


My grandmother would love that style with that many flowers around....

Take the shoes off.
OK.
Take them with you.
What?


The hill is a surprisngly big area with few temples which creates a big complex. All is covered by magnolia trees which at this particular moment where blooming. Sooooooo nice ;)


Well, the civilization push as you can see in the background. But the palace by it self is amazing. I wasn't expecting that german architects can design something like it. It means that they had taste, surprisng :P:P


I couldn't take better picture as lady guard didn't let me to window :(


And here is the sky. A bit :)


A bit more :)

This is Thailand. Thailand by Slawek :)


At one of temples on the other side of hill

Nice?


More flowers :P


He also built there the theater for shadow pupets. The doors were really high and the performance must be really amazing in this scenery. I think it happens few times a year, but I wasn't that lucky.


I love my Nex :)


Rama IV you did a great job. I love your palace and easily I could live there :)
Just kick out monkeys from the gardens and temples around......

No comments:

Post a Comment