Sunday 20 November 2016

All over North Island

Christmas is Ohakune, then a ride to Coromandel for some beach life at Kennedy Bay.
It is a different feeling of Christmas when you run around in shorts and have a barbeque. Cool experience, specially with good people. Collet family took good care of me and I will be always thank full to them for it.
After that I intended to spend only few days in Auckland and head north to explore more there. Didn't work out, as I got a job as a motorcycle mechanic in Auckland. So, as it happens in my life I had to review plans. Everyone is complaining about Auckland, but I must admit that I actually really like it.
I have amazing friends there and there is so much to do around.

Here, on a hike, just 40 minutes away from city center.


Did someone had a ruller a cut the beach straightline?


It actually doesn't really matter where in New Zealand are you. It is beatiful everywhere. At any time of the year. At any weather conditions. Period.


My flat mates weren't exactly normal. Which is a good thing !


Auckland. Multicultural. Big asian migration has it effects. Few pictures from Ligth Festival.


Fishies :)


I worked quite hard with weekends included, but when I finally got some time off, I was using it properly :) Most of the times my bike was included. Here on the way to the East Cape and Gisborne.


East cape is a very remote place, which is quite surprising for North Island. For over an hour I didn't meet any traffic on the road. Driving along the coast line with outstanding views. I really don't understand why people chose not to explore this area more.


Another big ride was on a Forgotten World Highway, which is quite famous for bikers and certainly there are plenty of them around. It starts in Tamaranui and end in Stadford.I was quite unlucky as big part of it was going through major roadworks. It was terrible ride for many km. I stopped for a lunch brake at Whangamomona where I was joined by local rider. You would say that I was alreday using "back country" roads, but he took me on the backcountry of backcountry and invited for a tea at his farm. You never know how life can surprise you.


Another reason for riding that road was to climb Mount Taranaki with Tom, my flatmate.
We stayed a night at mountain hut(which was awesome), woke up very early for climbing for sunrise.


I was an idiot and didn't check my headtorch batteries, so I did most of the hike with telephone torch. It is really challenging hike. Really steep, on loose rocks for big part and then quite big rocks/boulders. But, view like that is paying back for every efford you make.
WHAT A BLAST !?!?
Two peaks in the background is my beloved Ruapehu


It is middle of summer, but Mt Taranaki in early morning is getting really cold


Taranaki it self is a vulcano. 2518 m high and it has one of most symmetrical volcanic cones in the world. Just have a look here :D


What a hike. What a day. What a company. What a place.


Tired, but happy. Just before our jump-run down.


After work with summer in the air. My evening rides. It is such a good feeling to get out of city on a bike after long day at work. Enjoy sunset.


Enjoy life and appreciate every little moment. It won't repeat again. Make the most of it. Make it worth. Start and end a day with smile on your face. Be good for people and follow your gut feeling. We are here only once and it's only upto you how you live your life.





No comments:

Post a Comment